Friday, April 27, 2007

Books Books Books

My daughter is putting on a book drive for a small school in Florida. This school is in the second poorest county in Florida and they are in need. 90% of the students in this school qualify for the free lunch program.

The goal is to collect 400 new or gently used books, one for each student. The grades are K-5th, books for young readers is what we are collecting.

If you would like to help leave me a post and I will contact you and give you more information. I think this will be an easy goal to reach with your help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to help! I have some books here (gently used) that I could send and I would love to post a blog about it and get my friends to help too. Will wait for your message. Thanks! Am eager to assist with anything to do with books! :)

Anonymous said...

Posted here:

http://zazazu.wordpress.com/2007/04/27/no-substitute/

Anonymous said...

We would love to help! My sons, ten and five, have plenty of extra books that are great and we would be happy to share! We will watch for more info so we'll know where to send them. In the meantime we will forward your info to lots of amazing people. You're both wonderful!

Mystic Indigo said...

What an awesome idea! Since I am currently at my mother's, I think I can round up a few books too...let me know what to do!

Tammy said...

Denise - I heard about this through Karen Beth and she gave me your address - I'll be sending off a package very soon!!

What a great thing!!

nyjlm said...

I'd love to help. you can email me at
nyjlm1970 at gmail dot com

Thanks!