Thursday, May 10, 2007

MOTHER'S DAY


So, since it is mother’s day this weekend I decided to go ahead and re-post the poem I wrote about being a mom.
So, you will have to suffer through it if you already saw it last year. (which I highly doubt, since I think I only have about five readers)…

I am 45 feeling 25 and still thinking I am pretty cool, and I see that a lot of my friends feel the same way. It's just our kids that don't.

Anyhow, Happy Mothers Day to you all. And this is how I feel most of the time!!

MOM's

you shave your legs
you cut your hair
you wax your lip
but you still aren't there

you pierce your ears
and then your navel
there are other places
but you just aren't able

you can't find your keys
where are your glasses
is that all you get
as the time passes

you're not ready for purple
the red hat is a sin
you've got to be kidding
is that a third chin
you accept the wrinkle
put the bronzer away
you look at your daughter
today is her day

Denise Marley 2006

6 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Love it! I'm not a mother (to a human child anyway) but this still inspires me. Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

mormar said...

Thank you.

julie said...

:) happy belated mothers day!!!
Lovely picture of the two of you!!!

Anonymous said...

I see that you ARE cool Denise! We have alot more life left in us!

Anonymous said...

Cute! And too true about some of it! I love the picture of you and your daughter...very sweet.

:) Tam

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Wonderful picture!