Thursday, February 22, 2007

snow

It is snowing outside now. Yesterday, I thought that spring was on the way. There were so many robins in the trees, blue sky, no heavy coats and just a beautiful feeling out. Today the snow started and has not ended. It is cold and icy. But as the night fell and the sky became dark and there was a layer of white on the trees, the fence and ground, you could feel the calm that came with it. As I look out the window now I feel a sense of peace. A peace that I so need at times.
So, even though, the sunshine is the best for me, I can stop and appreciate what is right before me.

I am thankful that I can appreciate my surroundings
I am thankful for the silence
I am thankful that when I just went to answer the door for the UPS guy, it was my friend jon, who had finally got a full time job and was beaming and ready with the biggest hug while he asked for directions so he could deliver one of his first packages.
I am thankful that I made him smile
I am thankful for the life that I have

1 comment:

CarolK said...

Hello Denise, My name is Carol Kemp and I run the Art Clinic with Syd. We are located at 1576 Copenhagen Rd in Solvang between Atterdag and Fourth Place. We are right next to Click and Point medis services. We do not have a sign out unless we are in the clinic. We are always there on Thursdays from 10-6 and then on other days as our sdhedule allows. We have other jobs as well to pay the bills. Please give us a call when you are intending to come by so we can meet you. I wish we could be there all the time!!! Call 737-0310 or 588-0876, or 688-6860- I also live in Lompoc.