Monday, June 25, 2007

I AM BACK

I am back from the desert, and I mean desert…It was 116 in Scottsdale and 90 at the Grand Canyon.
The Canyon was very beautiful and the boaters were well. Dave’s dad, who is 75 was on the raft that came into the canyon as well as his sister. They both hiked out from the bottom of the canyon to the top in 120 degree heat. It took them all about 5 hours to hike out. After 2 days with the family, Grandpa and Tom hiked back down to the river to start the 2nd half of the river trip. Kathy (dave’s sister) was done with her portion. She said that there were times that the water was so big that at night when she went to sleep she had night mares. She also said that this 2nd part of the trip had even bigger water. I was and am worried about Dave’s dad, but He is pretty tough.
So, the trip will end when they cross Lake Mead.
All in all it was a fun vacation…I loved Sedona and Jerome. Phoenix and Scottsdale were too ‘deserty’ for me, It really made me appreciate home, the lake, the mountains, the green green green everywhere…I am happy to be home.

I will show some pictures tomorrow after I get organized.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, i am so glad you had a good time...I went over to your brother's site while you were gone, but was waiting on pics...you were missed and I can't wait to see the pics!!

Anonymous said...

I meant brother in law's...

Anonymous said...

I look forward to see photos....

Everything Greyhounds Blog said...

Grey pictures.